Port Reading Section Of Woodbridge Township, N.J.
Please Visit Our Sponsors:
- Zip Code - 07064 ¸
- Statistics & Facts
- The population of Port Reading is approximately 3977.
- The approximate number of families is 1358.
- The amount of land area in Port Reading is 5.841 sq. kilometers.
- The amount of surface water is 1.546 sq kilometers:.
- The distance from Port Reading to Washington DC is 190 statute miles. The distance to the New Jersey state capital is 36 statute miles. (Statute miles are "as the crow flies")
- Port Reading is positioned 40.56 degrees north of the equator and 74.24 degrees west of the prime meridian.
port reading seperates woodbridge township, and the borough of carteret. port reading is on the eastern side of woodbridge township, and it is situated between sewaren, woodbridge proper & avenel.
port reading is a residential community with industrial areas. the amerada hess refinery & laboratories, public service electric & gas sewaren generating station, conrail freight rail depot, economic laboatores, are just a few companies in port reading.
elementry students attend school # 9 on tappen street , and mathew jago school # 28 on glen cove avenue in sewaren. middle school students attend avenel middle school in avenel. high school students attend woodbridge high school. port reading also has the new jersey turnpike running through it with the thomas edison service area on the southbound lane.
port reading is protected by the district # 2 port reading volunteer fire department, and the port reading first aid squad.
port reading was settled from the coal industry. the pennsylvania - reading rail road. the rail road led to the port reading coal depot. many italian immigrants found jobs at the coal depot, therefor many settled in port reading.